We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Forensic Pathologist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for forensic science and a desire to contribute to the justice system. If you have a strong background in pathology and are looking for an exciting new challenge, we encourage you to apply.
- Perform autopsies to determine the cause and manner of death
- Gather and interpret evidence from autopsies, including tissue samples and toxicology reports
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies and attorneys, offering expert testimony in court
- Offer consultation and advice to other medical professionals regarding forensic pathology matters
- Maintain comprehensive and precise records of all cases
As a Forensic Pathologist, you will play a critical role in the justice system by providing expert analysis and testimony in criminal cases. You will work closely with law enforcement agencies and attorneys to ensure that justice is served. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and a strong understanding of pathology and forensic science.
- Carry out autopsies in a timely and efficient manner
- Collect and interpret evidence from autopsies, such as tissue samples and toxicology reports
- Offer expert testimony in court cases
- Provide consultation to other medical professionals regarding matters of forensic pathology
- Keep comprehensive and precise records of all cases
Requirements and Skills:
- Medical degree and board certification in pathology
- Fellowship training in forensic pathology
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Forensic pathologists specialize in determining the cause and manner of death in cases where foul play is suspected. Regular pathologists focus on diagnosing diseases and conditions.
Forensic pathologists analyze a variety of evidence, including tissue samples, blood samples, and toxicology reports.
Forensic pathologists work on cases where the cause and manner of death are in question, including homicides, suicides, and accidental deaths.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by our HR department and hiring managers.