We are seeking a highly motivated Occupational Therapist Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others and a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of our patients. This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Collaborate with licensed Occupational Therapists to formulate and implement patients' treatment plans.
- Deliver hands-on therapy sessions to patients, engaging them in exercises and activities designed to enhance daily living skills.
- Monitor patients' progress and update treatment plans when necessary.
- Work closely with various healthcare professionals, such as doctors and nurses, to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Maintain a tidy and organized therapy environment, ensuring all equipment is functioning correctly.
As an Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will play a vital role in helping our patients achieve their goals and improve their quality of life. You will work closely with our licensed Occupational Therapists to provide hands-on therapy and support to patients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Collaborate with patients to create and implement treatment plans tailored to their unique needs and goals.
- Provide practical therapy to patients through exercises and activities to enhance their day-to-day living skills.
- Monitor patients' progress, adjusting treatment plans when required.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors and nurses, ensuring coordinated patient care.
- Educate patients and their families on maintaining therapy exercises and activities outside of therapy sessions.
- Maintain precise and current patient records and treatment plans.
Requirements and Skills:
- Associate's degree in Occupational Therapy or related field
- Current certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of therapy equipment and techniques
- Ability to lift and move patients as needed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
An Occupational Therapist Assistant works under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist to provide hands-on therapy and support to patients.
An Associate's degree in Occupational Therapy or a related field and current certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant are required.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and knowledge of therapy equipment and techniques are all important skills for an Occupational Therapist Assistant.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by our HR department.