We are seeking an experienced and dedicated ER Tech to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment. If you are a team player with excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing exceptional patient care, we encourage you to apply.
- Assist with patient care, including taking vital signs, collecting specimens, and performing EKGs
- Prepare and maintain patient rooms and equipment
- Assist with patient transport and transfer
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records
- Monitor and restock supplies and equipment
- Assist with procedures as directed by medical staff
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
As an ER Tech, you will play a critical role in providing high-quality care to our patients. You will work closely with medical staff to ensure that patients receive the best possible care and support. This role requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Take and record vital signs, including blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature
- Collect and process specimens, including blood and urine samples
- Perform EKGs and other diagnostic tests as directed by medical staff
- Assist with patient transport and transfer, including using proper lifting techniques
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, including documenting all care provided
- Monitor and restock supplies and equipment, including ordering new supplies as needed
- Assist with procedures, including preparing patients and equipment, and providing support to medical staff as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including following proper infection control procedures
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR certification
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic computer skills
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
ER Techs typically work in shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
You will receive on-the-job training and may be required to complete additional training or certifications as needed.
ER Techs work with a wide range of patients, including those with acute injuries or illnesses, as well as those with chronic conditions.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the appropriate personnel.