We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Payroll Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in payroll processing, tax compliance, and employee benefits administration. This role is suitable for someone who enjoys working with numbers, has excellent communication skills, and is committed to accuracy and timeliness. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in payroll administration, we encourage you to apply.
- Process payroll for all employees accurately and on time
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Maintain accurate records of employee compensation, benefits, and deductions
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
- Prepare and distribute payroll reports to management
- Collaborate with HR and accounting departments to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing payroll for all employees, ensuring compliance with tax regulations, and maintaining accurate records of employee compensation and benefits. This role is critical to the smooth functioning of our organization and requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. The Payroll Administrator will work closely with HR and accounting departments to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Process payroll for all employees accurately and on time, including calculating and verifying hours worked, overtime, and other pay adjustments
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations, including withholding taxes, filing tax returns, and issuing W-2 forms
- Maintain accurate records of employee compensation, benefits, and deductions, including tracking vacation and sick time, and processing employee benefits enrollment and changes
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits, including explaining pay stubs, resolving discrepancies, and providing information on benefits
- Prepare and distribute payroll reports to management, including budget reports, labor cost reports, and other ad hoc reports as needed
- Collaborate with HR and accounting departments to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, including coordinating with HR on new hires, terminations, and changes to employee status
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in payroll processing and tax compliance
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and payroll software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The salary range for the Payroll Administrator position is $45,000-$60,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
The Payroll Administrator position is a full-time position, with standard business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the HR department and the hiring manager.