The City Clerk is responsible for overseeing the administrative functions of the city government. This position is suitable for individuals who have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to work in a fast-paced environment. If you are interested in this role, please review the responsibilities and requirements below.
- Manage and maintain official city records, including meeting minutes, ordinances, and resolutions
- Coordinate and oversee city elections, including voter registration and polling locations
- Serve as the custodian of the city seal and official documents
- Provide administrative support to city officials and departments
- Attend and record city council meetings and other official city meetings
- Respond to public inquiries and requests for information
The City Clerk plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the city government. They are responsible for maintaining accurate records, coordinating elections, and providing administrative support to city officials and departments. The City Clerk interacts with various departments and roles within the city government, and is an essential part of the city's decision-making process.
- Maintain official city records, ensuring they're detailed, accurate, and readily accessible.
- Oversee all aspects of city elections, including voter registration, ballot preparation, and polling location management, ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Safeguard and authenticate official documents.
- Provide administrative support to city officials and departments, including scheduling, correspondence handling, and report preparation.
- Attend and accurately record city council meetings and other official city events.
- Respond promptly and accurately to public inquiries and fulfill requests for public records.
- Prepare and distribute reports to city officials and the public as required, ensuring data accuracy and timely delivery.
- Act as an interface between city government and the public, promoting transparency and fostering community engagement.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, political science, or a related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software
- Knowledge of city government operations and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The salary range for the City Clerk position is $XX,XXX - $XX,XXX per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
The City Clerk position is a full-time position, with working hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
The City Clerk position requires a Bachelor's degree in public administration, political science, or a related field, as well as strong organizational and communication skills.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the City Manager and the Human Resources Director.