We are seeking a dedicated and empathetic Direct Support Professional to join our team. This role is ideal for individuals who are passionate about providing assistance and care to those who need it the most. If you are looking to make a positive impact on the lives of others, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide support to individuals with disabilities in their daily activities
- Assist with personal care tasks, including hygiene, grooming, and feeding
- Help with household chores and maintenance to ensure a clean and safe living environment
- Facilitate recreational activities and outings to promote social interaction and well-being
- Work closely with healthcare professionals to implement personalized care plans
As a Direct Support Professional, you will be responsible for providing care and support to individuals with disabilities. This includes assisting with daily activities, personal care tasks, and household chores. You will also help facilitate social activities and outings to promote well-being and independence.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals with disabilities, enabling them to participate fully in their daily activities
- Help with personal care tasks such as hygiene, grooming, and feeding, promoting comfort and health
- Perform household chores and maintenance tasks, ensuring a clean and safe living environment for the individuals you are supporting
- Facilitate a range of recreational activities and outings, fostering social interaction, enjoyment, and overall well-being
- Collaborate with a team of healthcare professionals to implement personalized care plans, ensuring optimal support for each individual
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Compassionate and patient, with a genuine interest in helping others
- Basic understanding of the needs and rights of individuals with disabilities
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift and move clients, if necessary
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
A Direct Support Professional provides support and care to individuals with disabilities. They assist with daily activities, personal care tasks, household chores, and social activities.
You typically need at least a high school diploma or equivalent to become a Direct Support Professional. Experience in a similar role is also often preferred.
You will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a compassionate and patient nature.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the CEO and HR representative.