We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Tire Technician to join our team. As a Tire Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and performance of our customers' vehicles. This is a hands-on position that requires attention to detail and a strong work ethic. If you are passionate about automotive maintenance and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
- Mount, balance, and install tires on customer vehicles
- Perform tire rotations and alignments to ensure even wear and optimal performance
- Inspect tires for damage, tread depth, and inflation levels
- Repair punctures and other tire-related issues
- Maintain accurate records of tire inventory and orders
- Assist customers with tire selection and provide recommendations based on their needs
- Ensure a clean and organized work area
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines
As a Tire Technician, you will be responsible for providing exceptional tire services to our customers. Your main tasks will include mounting and balancing tires, performing rotations and alignments, and inspecting tires for any issues. You will work closely with our customers to ensure their satisfaction and safety on the road. This role is vital to our company's success as it directly contributes to the overall performance and longevity of our customers' vehicles.
- Mount, balance, and install tires using appropriate tools and equipment
- Perform tire rotations and alignments according to manufacturer guidelines
- Inspect tires for any signs of damage, wear, or improper inflation
- Repair punctures and other tire-related issues efficiently and effectively
- Keep accurate records of tire inventory, orders, and customer information
- Assist customers in selecting the right tires for their vehicles based on their needs and preferences
- Provide exceptional customer service and address any concerns or questions
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to ensure a safe and efficient working environment
- Follow all safety protocols and guidelines to prevent accidents and injuries
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Tire Technician or in a similar role preferred
- Strong knowledge of tire installation, balancing, and repair techniques
- Familiarity with tire rotation and alignment procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Basic computer skills for record-keeping purposes
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy tires and equipment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The main responsibilities of a Tire Technician include mounting and balancing tires, performing rotations and alignments, inspecting tires for damage and wear, repairing punctures, maintaining tire inventory, and assisting customers with tire selection.
To become a Tire Technician, a high school diploma or equivalent is typically required. Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, and strong knowledge of tire installation, balancing, and repair techniques is necessary. Good manual dexterity, attention to detail, and physical stamina are also important.
Tire Technicians work in automotive service centers or tire shops. The work environment can be fast-paced and physically demanding. Technicians may be required to lift heavy tires and equipment and work in various weather conditions.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the HR department.