We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Legal Secretary to join our team. This role is suitable for individuals with excellent administrative and communication skills who are looking to contribute to a dynamic legal environment. If you are passionate about supporting legal professionals and thrive in a fast-paced setting, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide administrative support to attorneys and legal professionals, including managing calendars, scheduling appointments, and organizing meetings.
- Prepare and proofread legal documents, such as contracts, briefs, and pleadings.
- Maintain and organize legal files, both physical and electronic, ensuring all documents are accurately labeled and easily accessible.
- Conduct legal research and compile relevant information for cases and projects.
- Assist with the preparation of trial materials, including exhibits, witness lists, and trial binders.
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, and court personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, including drafting letters and emails.
- Manage billing and invoicing processes, ensuring accuracy and timely submission.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards in handling sensitive information.
As a Legal Secretary, you will play a crucial role in supporting our legal team and ensuring the smooth operation of our legal practice. You will have the opportunity to work closely with attorneys, paralegals, and clients, contributing to the success of our cases and projects. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively. You will have the opportunity to interact with various departments and stakeholders, making this a diverse and rewarding position.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for meetings, hearings, and trials by gathering and organizing relevant documents and materials.
- Coordinate and schedule depositions, mediations, and other legal proceedings.
- Maintain and update case management systems, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- Conduct legal research using online databases and other resources.
- Prepare and file legal documents with courts and government agencies.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts, agreements, and other legal documents.
- Manage and track deadlines, ensuring all filings and submissions are completed on time.
- Collaborate with other legal professionals to ensure efficient workflow and effective communication.
- Stay updated on relevant laws, regulations, and industry trends.
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in legal studies is preferred.
- Proven experience as a legal secretary or similar role.
- Proficiency in MS Office and legal software, such as case management systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in document preparation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
- Discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
A Legal Secretary provides administrative support to attorneys and legal professionals, including managing calendars, preparing legal documents, conducting research, and communicating with clients and court personnel.
Successful Legal Secretaries possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication abilities, proficiency in legal software, and knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
A Legal Secretary can advance their career by gaining experience and expertise in specific areas of law, pursuing further education or certification, and taking on additional responsibilities within a legal department or firm.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the HR department.