We are seeking a skilled and experienced Construction Estimator to join our team. As a Construction Estimator, you will play a crucial role in our company's success by accurately estimating project costs and ensuring profitability. If you have a strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and a passion for construction, we encourage you to apply.
- Scrutinize blueprints, project specifications, and other documentation to formulate accurate cost assessments.
- Foster relationships with project managers, architects, and subcontractors to compile all required data for precise estimations.
- Break down cost structures in detail, accounting for labor, material, machinery, and subcontractor expenses.
- Critically assess bids from suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring they are competitive while meeting project requirements.
- Leverage historical costing data to refine your estimates, improving both accuracy and efficiency.
- Communicate your estimations clearly to both internal management and external clients, detailing the foundations of your figures and any assumptions involved.
- Aid in crafting realistic project budgets and timelines.
- Oversee ongoing project expenses to detect any variance from the estimate, recommending and executing adjustments as needed.
- Support the contract negotiation phase, particularly concerning supplier and subcontractor agreements.
- Remain current on market trends, including materials and construction methodologies, to produce the most up-to-date and accurate estimates.
As a Construction Estimator, you will be responsible for accurately estimating project costs and ensuring profitability. Your expertise in analyzing project plans and collaborating with various stakeholders will contribute to the successful completion of construction projects. You will work closely with project managers, architects, and subcontractors to gather necessary information and prepare detailed cost estimates. Your attention to detail and analytical skills will be crucial in ensuring accurate and competitive estimates.
- Examine architectural plans, project requirements, and other related materials to compute accurate project costs.
- Engage with key players such as project managers, architects, and subcontractors to collect vital information for your estimations.
- Itemize project expenses, including labor hours, material costs, equipment rentals, and costs related to subcontracting.
- Scrutinize quotes from suppliers and subcontractors to confirm they are not only competitive but also align with project requirements.
- Utilize past cost records as benchmarks to enhance the precision and efficiency of current and future estimates.
- Transparently share your cost estimations with stakeholders, delineating the logic and assumptions behind the numbers.
- Contribute to formulating project budgets and timelines that are both feasible and aligned with cost estimates.
- Closely monitor costs as the project evolves, flagging and rectifying any deviations from the original estimate.
- Assist in contract talks with suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring advantageous terms.
- Keep abreast of industry evolutions in terms of materials and construction techniques to continually refine your estimating acumen.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Construction Estimator or similar role.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in construction estimating software.
- Knowledge of construction materials, methods, and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Time management and organizational skills.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The main responsibilities of a Construction Estimator include analyzing project plans, preparing detailed cost estimates, evaluating supplier and subcontractor bids, monitoring project costs, and staying updated on industry trends.
To become a Construction Estimator, a bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field is typically required. Previous experience in construction estimating is also preferred.
Important skills for a Construction Estimator include strong analytical and mathematical skills, attention to detail, proficiency in construction estimating software, knowledge of construction materials and methods, and excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the HR department and the Construction Manager.