Advantages and disadvantages of eLearning platform development
The eLearning industry is rapidly growing as technology continues to develop. In addition to this, the general public is also convinced of the numerous benefits that one can avail of online learning. eLearning in India is projected to be $1.96 billion at the end of 2021. Therefore, investing in the creation of an eLearning Platform could be a very profitable project for a budding or veteran entrepreneur.
6 Advantages and Disadvantages of eLearning platforms
Online learning has changed the way people now receive their information. From short documentaries to several month-long courses, the opportunities to learn are endless. Online learning is advantageous for the following reasons:
- Adaptive learning: eLearning provides adaptive learning. This means that an individual can participate in an online course and retain information per their capabilities. Some eLearning platforms use algorithms to curate the information that a student gets through the platform.
- Convenience: The convenience of learning cannot be overlooked when it comes to eLearning platforms. One need not travel long hours to get to a class but can just log on from their device at home.
- Range of Topics: The content that online platforms can offer is large. An individual can choose from a wide range of topics and receive a complete rundown of each subject.
- Learn On the Go: Online platforms offer an individual the ability to learn while on the go since most platforms are compatible with mobile applications. Therefore, one can learn while travelling or carrying out daily chores.
- Flexibility: The flexibility that comes with learning online is a great incentive for women who are looking to restart their careers. This flexibility also makes it possible for other individuals to reach their learning goals even after finishing formal education.
- Teachers Love It: eLearning platforms have also become an attractive deal among educators. Therefore, teachers from around the world have participated in online courses and provide quality education to their students.
However, along with the pros, there are always cons. The disadvantages that are seen in online learning are:
- Accessibility: One of the leading problems with eLearning platforms is that it is not accessible to poor communities. One requires facilities like a phone or computer and a working internet connection to attend a course.
- Remote Mode: A major contributor to the success of the traditional teaching method is that it involved face-to-face teaching. A teacher would be able to communicate easily with the student in real-time. This is missing in eLearning, as the classes are conducted remotely.
- Improper Pacing: The platform may not be conducive to learning. That is to say; a student can find it challenging to study on the platform due to improper pacing of lessons, study material, or more.
- Expensive: Most good quality eLearning platforms are expensive. This is especially true when students from third-world countries wish to enroll in American eLearning platforms. Therefore, students will have to settle for lower quality education.
- Lack of Incentive: The process of learning online requires self-motivation. A student does not have a physical incentive to learn online other than their curiosity. Therefore, it can be challenging to complete a course, especially with an already busy schedule.
- Security: eLearning platforms require several personal details when it comes to creating an account. Details like Bank account number, email ID, and others. Therefore, security can be a major concern for users.
Advantages Of eLearning development
eLearning Development involves incorporating proven teaching methods into an online application or website that creates an environment conducive to learning. Hiring an eLearning software development company will offer the following services:
- Mobile Application: Optimisation of the platform to work on mobiles. The eLearning platform will be more convenient when it is in the form of a mobile app.
- Ease of Use: Making the platform more user-friendly. Ensuring that the platform is easy to use and navigate through is extremely important for an eLearning platform.
- Interaction: Provisions will be made to make an interactive platform. eLearning platforms are preferred when they are interactive. They can contribute more to the education of a student when they possess an interactive interface.
Disadvantages of eLearning Development
The process of creating an eLearning platform may be quite simple after hiring professional developers. However, certain problems crop up during the development process:
- Bugs: When creating a website or application with this level of interaction, there are bound to be bugs or dead links present on the site that will decrease the likeability of the platform.
- Time Intensive Process: More than any other software, eLearning software development requires the most time. This is due to the numerous components that need to be incorporated into the platform.
- Slow Loading Times: With the addition of various types of media like videos and pictures, the loading times of each webpage may increase and ruin the user experience.
eLearning is facing a boom, and so is the eLearning development. However, the process of developing an eLearning platform has certain cons. That’s why most developers offer custom eLearning solutions. These solutions will help to create an eLearning software development that can help any individual reach their learning goals, allowing them to embrace only the advantages of eLearning development.