The E-learning industry being one of the fastest-growing industries in the world is making full use of Artificial Intelligence to improve their services. AI-based E-learning platforms offer a better overall experience to users and learners as well as the admins. The role of AI in E-learning is gaining more and more importance. AI in e-learning offers everything that the industry needs to revolutionize itself, facilitate and enrich the learning experience for everyone, and boost knowledge retention as well.
Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we couldn’t even have imagined 20 years back. Who would have thought that we would have self-driving cars and robot humans in 2020? Well, that is the kind of impact Artificial Intelligence has had over the last decade. AI is everywhere around us. From our smartphones to almost everything we can imagine today. Every sector is implementing AI to make the processes faster and efficient.
Since the implementation of AI in e-learning, a lot has changed and students have benefited greatly.
We will find out how AI is helping improve online learning platforms.
“AI in E-learning makes personalized learning easy!”
- Not every human being is the same. This means that the requirements of every learner on an online learning platform is different.
- Some may get hold of concepts very quickly while others may take a little longer. Teachers and educators have known this for a long time but it has always been difficult to accommodate the needs of different learners so that they are benefitted the most.
- Artificial intelligence has bridged this gap and has made personalized learning a lot easier through various e-learning platforms.
- Initially, with the introduction of technology to traditional classrooms, there arrived a framework for blended learning which is now a dominant model of educating students.
- Blended learning helps students to choose how they access content and how they gain knowledge in terms of speed and learning styles. But AI has brought this personalization to an entirely new level.
- Artificial Intelligence, unlike teachers, can understand the needs of the students, their preferences and interests, habits, and capacities in real-time by analyzing the performance.
- This allows e-learning platforms to create highly personalized learning environments where everything from the content to the learning path is adjusted according to the needs and capacity of an individual.
- This means that students of all levels availing courses through AI-based E-learning platforms can now study at their own pace with the relevant content material and lectures being provided to them and the course being shaped according to their pace.
- This makes the learning experience optimum for each student and increases the success of E-learning platforms.
Smart Learning Content in AI-based E-learning platforms
Smart content is a concept that is trending nowadays as AI in e-learning can create digital content with the same degree of prowess as a human would do. Smart learning content creation is being introduced at all levels from elementary to secondary and further and even incorporates learning environments. Content creation of almost every kind is being done by AI these days which not only reduces the work of educators but also makes the learning process better for the students.
A great example of using smart content learning in an organization may be cases where the AI can condense the burdening content in troubleshooting guides into simpler and more digestible study guides with flashcards, a summary of troubleshooting steps, and intelligent simulations. Smart learning content can also be used for designing digital curriculums and content across multiple devices which include audio, video, and online assistants as well. This makes the learning process a lot better and efficient.
1. At the Learners’ Disposal at all times
Not only does AI offer personalized learning of the highest order, but also makes it possible for the students to access the courses whenever they want and from wherever they want as long as they have proper connectivity. AI makes learning environments adaptive which encourages and enables self-paced learning, allowing the students to make the most of their most productive hours. Different students have different times when they achieve their peak productivity. For some, it may be in the morning while for others it can at night or the middle of the night.
E-learning platforms are meant to offer support and guidance whenever a student needs it, but it may not always be possible for human tutors to be available. Digital assistants, however, are available 24/7 and can guide students whenever they require it. Thanks to Natural language processing and machine learning, AI assistants can learn to provide the necessary guidance to the students according to their pace and capacity, solve their doubts, and answer the questions. The digital mentorship is therefore available 24/7 as machines never sleep. This is greatly changing the face of e-learning platforms making them more convenient to use for people of all ages and learning categories.
2. Digital Mentorship encourages the Engagement of students
Generally, AI assistants work with students individually. Following the concept of student-centered education, smart technology not only caters to different learning styles but also to different temperaments and personalities. This is pretty significant for introverts who often feel uncomfortable in expressing themselves in front of peers in a traditional classroom environment.
AI assistants are a huge boon for such students as they can now voice their dilemmas and queries without having the fear of being judged. AI has the potential to motivate students of all kinds irrespective of them being introverts or extroverts and visual or auditory learners.
The increase in engagement levels is always a consequence of personalization. AI makes the process of acquiring knowledge easier and eliminates the frustration from the process. This is a great advantage for all students as they get motivated by their own achievements and increase their propensity to learn.
3. Content Analytics
Content analytics is responsible for the optimization of learning modules. With the help of Artificial Intelligence, the content that is being taught to learners via an e-learning website can be analyzed for the maximum effect.
Using content analytics, content providers, and educators can not only create and manage their content but also gain valuable insights into the progress and understanding of the learners. This can be used for optimizing content to impart better knowledge to the learners.
4. Allows continual Real-time Improvement
Creating online courses has been made a lot easier today due to so many cutting edge tools and technology. But the main factor that needs to be kept in mind for E-learning environments or platforms is to maintain the level of content and make real-time improvements to it.
Technology is a very powerful tool when it comes to knowledge acquisition. AI has changed the way improvements are being made every day. With the help of AI, it is possible to comb through a knowledge base in minutes and update the courses with the latest information in real-time and keep the content relevant, unlike older times when changes were made late and new findings were added to textbooks after years.
Thus a lot can be done by implementing AI in e-learning platforms. The benefits that AI-based e-learning websites/platforms offer are incredible and we can only hope that things will get even better in the future with AI.
More and more educators who are trying to set up e-learning environments are depending greatly on AI to make the teaching and learning process more efficient and fruitful.
So if you are wondering about the cost of AI-based E-learning platforms and looking to get one developed, get in touch with reliable and trusted developers who can guide you better through the entire process and make your dream a reality which would provide great results.