An ongoing global pandemic has significantly changed the way people grasp knowledge. Most of the people moved towards the e-Learning platform to acquire knowledge, develop new skills, and enhance existing ones. It universally acknowledges the truth that the E-learning platform has a remarkable impact on traditional learning structure.
But, the utmost question is what an e-Learning platform is?
An online learning platform (e-Learning) is a combined set of online service which has teacher, learners, important resources, tools, and other important educational materials to delivers an extremely powerful and manageable learning environment.
It is a secure tool with robust servers and stores learning resources such as courses, evaluations, documents, manuals, and instructions that complement the company’s learning program. An online learning platform is a space or portal that bridges the gap between live teaching and the content of the course or course material.
This integration enables online learning platforms to share data with other products and make courses more accessible.
Learning platforms can divide into three categories: e-Learning platforms, conference software, and online learning tools.
An LMS is a learning management system and means that it is responsible for managing the delivery of online educational content and its delivery to students and staff.
E-learning platforms such as VLE’s and LMS’s are becoming increasingly common in education. The main difference is that a VLE or LMS is an application, while an e-learning platform functions as an operating system on which various web-based educational applications can run.
The web conferencing software, which is the third type of e-learning platform, allows the integration of a variety of online courses, such as web-to-web and online conferencing courses. They can also work with different universities and help them implement an online learning program on an e-learning platform.
E-learning development companies create different courses on certain skills, in which they included all the important terms, resources, tools, and live projects and teach skills with real-life examples. Adding a gamified element to courses created on an online learning platform gives students a sense of achievement and allows them to share their progress with others via social media. This is an important step in promoting social and applied to learn in the workplace.
How does an E-learning Platform work?
An E-learning platform offers plenty of options to delivers great content. As a creator, you can create videos, slides, audio, exercises, homework, and exams for learners. On the other hand as a learner, you can access all the important resources, tools and ask a question to your educator.
Video can serve as the main method for delivering a lecture and provides a more engaging learning experience than static slides or websites. The teacher can upload videos to an online learning platform and uploads a variety of file types to the online course. Uploading multimedia content and developing quizzes based on the information in these files is another type of online learning platform.
To create a multimedia course that is more engaging for students, some online learning platforms allow teachers to upload a range of multimedia files such as video, audio, text, photos, and even audio files to online courses.
Accordingly, e-learning, which is dominated by online learning platforms such as Udemy, Coursera, Lynda, and other online courses, occupies an important place in the modern education system.
Benefits of E-Learning Platforms
There are several benefits to use the E-learning platform, not just for the learner but also for teachers and academics. We’ve enlisted some of the benefits of E-learning platforms in the below list:
- The utmost benefit of an E-learning platform is that you can create your own learning environment. The platform allows you to create your own schedules, access relevant data, and learning modules remotely whenever you need it.
- You can get the advantages of fascinating graphics and images along with your existing training materials to improve on e-learning platforms and excel in an online learning environment. Since e-learning platforms are designed with illustrations, infographics, or other illustrative images, understanding the information presented is highly effective.
- As a creator, you can track student processes, engage with them, provides feedback, and ensure that they have the right approach towards your content. Online training platforms allow you to update important text packages and lesson plans quickly and easily. You can modify, update, and modify the e-learning platform you use without incurring printing costs. We can save printing costs as long as important texts, packages, and lesson plans remain online.
- For companies looking to introduce new training programs, the benefits of e-Learning – face-to-face learning and classroom learning – outweigh the benefits. Web-based training can be delivered through multiple communication platforms, usually supported by social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and LinkedIn. For training companies, online learning platforms, and the ability to create, manage, and run a training program can save companies hours compared to traditional methods.
- As academics, you can see how much students in higher education rely on online learning methods for their education. Numerous studies have shown that the learning time can reduce by 40 to 60% with the e-learning solutions offered compared to learning in a traditional classroom.
- The benefits of e-learning for teachers can help them save time and allow them to focus on their own development.
6 Benefits of E-Learning Platform
E-Learning portal development helps educators and students to save hours of time while managing, creating, and delivering education and training courses to learners.
Due to the negligible training cost, educational institutions who use custom elearning development software can save 50% – 70% on overall training cost.
eLearning app development helps learners to learn new skills and courses with multimedia learning content created using audio, video, images, and text.
E-Learning portal development helps administrators to safely store all the important learning materials in one place. This includes live discussion documents, training courses, and educational content.
E-Learning is scalable. You can enroll as many students as you want on your platform. The more learners enroll in the course, the faster you can write off your eLearning app development expense.
Every learner has their own unique needs and preferences. The E-Learning platform caters to the needs of every individual learner. Learners can acquire and retain knowledge at their own pace effectively using custom E-learning development.
Features of E-Learning Platform
E-learning platform is accessible to all the learners taking online classes from any parts of the world and from any device including mobile, laptops, tablets, etc using eLearning app development.
Custom E-Learning development software has a self registration feature where users can register to any online course by themself.
E-Learning platform allows educators to test students’ skills with multiple quizzes, practice tests, and other test series. Also, they can provide instant feedback on their performance with custom e-learning solutions.
E-Learning platform helps educators to make students learn by using mini-games, quizzes, character customization, storytelling, skill development, badges, points, rewards, and many more with custom e-learning solutions.
E-learning portal development helps admins to not only create or remove any training or learning course with a few mouse clicks, but also they can organize and customize the format that helps them to present the course to the learners that best suits their needs.
How to Choose An Elearning Platform?
Planning to teach students online? Wondering how to choose the best e-learning platform? Following are the points that will guide you on how to choose the best e-learning platform.
- Choose an e-learning app development software that allows you to create learning materials, courses, and assessments that can be easily accessible from any device.
- Choose an e-learning platform that has good encryption and security protocol to help you to protect your important protection.
- Choose an e-learning platform that allows learners to download the content and view it in an offline mode anytime and from anywhere.
- Choose an e-learning portal development software that is quite easy to use both at the back end for you, faculties, and students.
- Choose an e-learning platform that can be easily operated on mobile phones, Microsoft laptops, and desktops, with the appropriate font size, and can be easily read by users on all devices.
- Choose an e-learning platform that allows users to enroll themself in the right course. Also, it gives an option to the students to leave their comments on the course.
- Choose an e-learning platform that allows you to integrate with other software such as CRM, Video Conferencing, Single-Sign-On, etc.
- Choose an e-learning software that functions well even if the number of learners or courses widens.
- Choose the e-learning software that helps you to produce detailed reports of student engagement, commitment, and assessment completion, as well as results and test scores.
- One of the most important factors that should be considered is how much e-learning portal development software will cost you i.e. the price of the customized e-learning business solutions.
In short, it is hard to ignore the fact that online teaching and learning platforms are contributing more than ever to human intelligence.
Today we need to manage more information and more resources in less time, and e-Learning platforms are a vital help in this.
While the whole world of knowledge lies ahead, e-Learning platforms are right behind to fill the gap, but it is important to remember that not all courses can be taught online.