We are seeking a highly motivated and compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for animal care and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a rewarding career in veterinary medicine, we encourage you to apply.
- Assist veterinarians with examinations, surgeries, and other medical procedures
- Administer medications and treatments as directed by the veterinarian
- Perform laboratory tests and analyze results
- Maintain accurate medical records and patient files
- Provide compassionate care and support to patients and their owners
- Clean and maintain equipment and facilities
- Assist with inventory management and ordering supplies
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will play a critical role in providing high-quality care to our patients. You will work closely with our veterinarians and other team members to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care. This is a fast-paced and rewarding role that requires a strong work ethic and a passion for animal care.
- Assist with patient intake and discharge
- Prepare patients for examinations and procedures
- Monitor patients during and after procedures
- Clean and sterilize equipment and facilities
- Assist with radiology and ultrasound procedures
- Provide support to veterinarians and other team members as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a veterinary setting preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
This is a full-time position with flexible scheduling. Some weekend and holiday work may be required.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Previous experience in a veterinary setting is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by our HR representative.