We are seeking a qualified and experienced School Counselor to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping students achieve their academic and personal goals. This role is suitable for individuals who are empathetic, patient, and have excellent communication skills. If you are interested in this position, please read on for more information.
- Provide individual and group counseling to students to help them overcome personal, social, and academic challenges.
- Develop and implement programs to promote mental health and wellness among students.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administrators to identify and address student needs.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of counseling sessions and student progress.
- Participate in professional development activities to stay up-to-date.
The School Counselor will play a critical role in supporting the academic and personal development of our students. They will work closely with teachers, parents, and administrators to identify and address student needs. The School Counselor will be responsible for providing individual and group counseling to students, developing mental health and wellness programs, and maintaining accurate records of counseling sessions.
- Provide counseling to students on a range of issues, including academic performance, social skills, and emotional well-being.
- Develop and implement mental health and wellness programs, such as stress management workshops and mindfulness sessions.
- Work together with educators, caregivers, and school administrators to discern and address the needs of students.
- Keep precise and accurate records of counseling sessions and the progress of students.
- Engage in professional growth activities to remain informed about current counseling methodologies and industry best practices.
Requirements and Skills:
- Master's degree in counseling or a related field.
- State licensure as a school counselor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
- Knowledge of counseling techniques and best practices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The School Counselor must have a Master's degree in counseling or a related field and state licensure as a school counselor.
The School Counselor will provide individual and group counseling to students, develop mental health and wellness programs, collaborate with teachers and parents, and maintain accurate records of counseling sessions.
The School Counselor must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the HR department.