We are seeking a highly skilled Payroll Accountant to join our team. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys working with numbers, has a keen eye for detail, and is passionate about ensuring accuracy in payroll processing. If you have a strong work ethic and are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career, we encourage you to apply.
- Efficiently carry out payroll processing tasks for all company employees
- Keep a well-organized and updated record of employee payroll data
- Assure strict adherence to all applicable payroll laws and regulations
- Work in collaboration with HR and other relevant departments to rectify payroll-related issues
- Answer employee queries regarding payroll issues
- Create payroll reports and scrutinize data to spot trends and potential improvements
As a Payroll Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time. You will work closely with HR and other departments to resolve payroll-related issues and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Your attention to detail and strong analytical skills will be critical in this role.
- Inspect and ensure the accuracy of timekeeping records
- Compute and process payroll deductions, such as taxes and benefits
- Prepare and distribute paychecks or facilitate direct deposits
- Confirm compliance with all local, state, and federal payroll tax regulations
- Maintain up-to-date and precise employee payroll records
- Cooperate with HR and other departments to address payroll-related issues
- Respond to and resolve employee inquiries related to payroll
- Generate payroll reports and examine data to spot trends and opportunities for improvement
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in payroll processing
- Strong knowledge of payroll tax regulations
- Proficiency in payroll software and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
We require a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 3+ years of experience in payroll processing.
The key responsibilities of this role include processing payroll for all employees accurately and on time, maintaining and updating employee payroll records, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, collaborating with HR and other departments to resolve payroll-related issues, responding to employee inquiries related to payroll, and preparing payroll reports and analyzing data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
The skills required for this role include strong knowledge of payroll tax regulations, proficiency in payroll software and Microsoft Excel, excellent attention to detail and analytical skills, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the HR department and the hiring manager.