We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Paraeducator to join our team. The Paraeducator will work closely with teachers and other staff members to support student learning and development. This position is suitable for individuals who are passionate about education and have experience working with children.
- Assist teachers in planning and implementing instructional activities
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who require additional assistance
- Monitor student progress and provide feedback to teachers
- Assist with classroom management and behavior support
- Help prepare instructional materials and maintain classroom organization
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
The Paraeducator will play a critical role in supporting student learning and development. They will work closely with teachers and other staff members to ensure that students receive the support they need to succeed. The Paraeducator will be responsible for assisting with instructional activities, providing one-on-one or small group support, monitoring student progress, and helping with classroom management.
- Assist with the implementation of instructional activities, including preparing materials and providing support to students
- Offer individualized or small group assistance to students who need extra support.
- Keep track of how well students are doing and offer teachers guidance and suggestions based on their performance.
- Assist with classroom management, including behavior support and maintaining a safe and organized learning environment
- Help prepare instructional materials, including photocopying, laminating, and organizing materials
- Ensure being present for any necessary meetings or training sessions.
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent (some college coursework preferred)
- Experience working with children in an educational setting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and classroom management techniques
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The Paraeducator works closely with teachers and other staff members to support student learning and development. They assist with instructional activities, provide one-on-one or small group support, monitor student progress, and help with classroom management.
The Paraeducator should have a high school diploma or equivalent, experience working with children in an educational setting, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and knowledge of instructional strategies and classroom management techniques.
The work schedule for the Paraeducator will vary depending on the needs of the school and the specific role. Some positions may be full-time, while others may be part-time or on an as-needed basis.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the appropriate personnel.