We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced guidance counselor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping students succeed academically, emotionally, and socially. This position is suitable for candidates who are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of young people.
- Provide individual and group counseling to students on academic, social, and emotional issues.
- Develop and implement guidance programs that promote student success and well-being.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other school staff to identify and address student needs.
- Administer and interpret academic and career assessments to help students make informed decisions.
- Maintain accurate and confidential student records and reports.
- Stay up-to-date on current research and best practices in guidance counseling.
The guidance counselor will play a critical role in supporting our students' academic and personal growth. They will work closely with students, teachers, and parents to identify and address issues that may be hindering student success. The guidance counselor will also help students plan for their future by providing career guidance and assisting with college applications.
- Provide crisis intervention and support for students in need.
- Develop and implement academic and social-emotional interventions for students who are struggling.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Provide guidance and support to students as they navigate the college application process.
- Develop and implement programs that promote positive school culture and prevent bullying and other negative behaviors.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on best practices in guidance counseling.
Requirements and Skills:
- Master's degree in guidance counseling or a related field.
- State certification as a guidance counselor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and school staff.
- Knowledge of academic and career assessment tools.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations related to guidance counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Guidance counselors provide academic, social, and emotional support to students to help them succeed in school and beyond.
You need a master's degree in guidance counseling or a related field, as well as state certification.
Strong communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are essential, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and school staff.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by our HR department.