We are seeking a Community Health Worker to join our team. This role is suitable for individuals who are passionate about improving the health and well-being of their community. If you are a self-starter with excellent communication skills and a desire to make a positive impact, we encourage you to apply.
- Conduct outreach to community members to promote health education and awareness
- Assist individuals in accessing healthcare services and resources
- Provide support and guidance to individuals with chronic health conditions
- Collaborate with healthcare providers and community organizations to improve health outcomes
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of client interactions and progress
As a Community Health Worker, you will play a vital role in improving the health and well-being of your community. You will work closely with individuals to provide education, support, and resources to help them achieve their health goals. This role requires excellent communication skills, a compassionate approach, and a commitment to making a positive impact.
- Conduct home visits and community outreach to identify individuals in need of health education and support
- Provide education and guidance on healthy lifestyle choices, disease prevention, and management of chronic health conditions
- Assist individuals in accessing healthcare services and resources, including scheduling appointments and navigating insurance coverage
- Collaborate with healthcare providers and community organizations to ensure coordinated and effective care
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of client interactions and progress, including tracking outcomes and reporting on program effectiveness
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Experience working in a community health or social services setting preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Community Health Workers provide education, support, and resources to individuals in their community to improve health outcomes and promote healthy behaviors.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, and a Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred. Experience working in a community health or social services setting is also preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and strong organizational and time management skills are all necessary for this role.
Review and Approval:
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the appropriate personnel.