Launching a minimum viable product development in healthcare requires planning. Your product is going to directly impact the health outcomes of the patients. Also, it must adhere to government regulations and HIPAA guidance. You need consulting from a minimum viable product development company possessing significant experience in healthcare web, software, and healthcare mobile app development.
Whether you plan to build the MVP product yourself or hire an agency to do so, you should be well-aware of the steps and processes involved in MVP development.
Let’s start by discussing the benefits and reasons for building an MVP and then throw light on how to build a healthcare MVP.
Benefits of a healthcare MVP worth taking into consideration
- A barebone alternative that solves customer pain points – Customers are always looking for alternatives and a basic and bare minimum MVP can hook them up to try your services as it solves a nagging problem
- Feedback and loyalty – Due to the bare minimum model, customers connect quickly with an MVP if it solves their problem and your customer service is top-notch. You can get instant feedback and gain loyalty. Your app users will become your brand advocates and will help you receive word-of-mouth publicity to get more footprints and feedback.
- Affordable and catchy – Very often MVP does not cost a bomb to a customer. They can try your app with a basic and free version and opt for premium features at a very low cost.
Due to the limited scope, users will know the app’s purpose and will use it often to solve their daily issues related to healthcare. By introducing monthly EMI with a loan partner, you can encourage more selling as it appeals to a large customer base.
Also Read : Benefits of Remote Patient Monitoring
Schedule a 30-minute free consultation with Knovator’s healthcare development experts to know the must-have features of your MVP.
Top 4 reasons for building healthcare MVP in 2022
- Cost-effective – Building MVP does not require a huge investment. A minimum viable product development company like Knovator Technologies can help you plan the features required to launch an MVP.
Post launching, you do not have to spend high costs on overheads like maintenance and server costs.
- Low risk – You have nothing to lose with a healthcare MVP especially if you are investing MVP in mobile app development segment. You can launch only the essential features which will be quickly consumed by the users. You can get instant feedback and digital footprints to plan your next release. If you convert leads into customers, you have already done well.
- Fast release – MVPs are driven by the agile development process. You do have to spend a huge amount of time building an MVP. With Knovator Technology healthcare IT solutions, we can do minimum viable product development quickly using our proven development framework.
- Customers’ validation – Customers can quickly use your software and provide instant feedback on the features, functionalities and customer service. It can help you tailor future releases and ensure that your full-cycle product is developed and delivered as per customers’ expectations.
Now that you know the benefits and reasons behind minimum viable product development, we will discuss the 4 stages of building an MVP.
4 Critical Steps to building a successful healthcare MVP
1. Requirement collection and analysis
Be it an MVP in mobile app development or healthcare software MVP, start by hiring an IT company to understand the features required to build a bare minimum product. Your MVP must have login and registration for customers, doctors and offer a basic feature of your value proposition.
For example – If you want to offer an interface for patients to book doctors’ appointments, you need to have appointment and calendar features in an MVP. You can have text or in-app chat also to reduce the time for treatment. You can choose to build voice and video consultation at a later stage.
2. Planning development and marketing
Once your value proposition is defined, you can divide the complete business story into small technical and use cases in a story format. Prioritize the stories and plan multiple releases within an MVP development cycle.
At this stage, you must plan your marketing strategy. This can include developing a one-page landing page with information about your app and discount offers to get leads and prospects.
Along with this, you need to have non-technical stories related to achieving HIPAA, HL7, GDPR standards for clinical auditing purposes. You must further check with local authorities and take feedback on the upcoming regulations, access control, data management, and security encryptions. It’s important to have a load and security software audit before launching an app.
3. Building the app
Deciding on a technology stack that can take care of data security and speed holds the key to a minimum viable product development strategy. The strategy should consider protecting your app from cyber threats, DDoS attacks, back-end vulnerabilities, scalability, and ease of iteration.
You can discuss the tech stack requirements with Knovator IT solutions and they will take care of selecting a tech stack that will cater to your requirements.
4. MVP feedbacks
You should hire a testing group and also include 50-60 end-users to test your features and collect initial feedback. Adding a QR code in your online and offline ads can also help you understand the app footprints and usage by a geographical location. You must set up a bias-free system to collect feedback and not oversell your healthcare MVP.
You can rely on Knovator technology to plan future iterations post minimum viable product development and deliver an incremental product that does not cost you a bomb.
Also Read : Top Telehealth Business Ideas
Plan your healthcare MVP in the mobile app development with Knovator Technology
For better cost management, you must consult with Knovator Technology and plan your healthcare MVP strategy as per this article. You can tailor your product requirements and receive complete documentation. An experienced MVP mobile app development company is instrumental in helping you launch a healthcare app that complies with regulations and is effective in treating patients with better health outcomes.
Hire Knovator Technologies to plan your healthcare MVP mobile app development efficiently.