Here are some statistics that prove that job board software is here to stay and its adoption is only going to increase.
- 641 million users visited Indeed.com – famous job board software in June 2021.
- “Google for Jobs” gets 300 million job searches monthly
- Over 1 million recruiters have used the job posting site ZipRecruiter to hire
- Over 1,74,000 new jobs are added monthly to Glassdoor
- Job posting platform Careerbuilder has 80 million job applicants
There has never been a better time to enter the recruitment industry. However, before entering into negotiation to create or buy a job board platform, it is important to consider 4 important things that can help you in this process of developing or choosing a job board software.
1. Your job portal must have the following features.
- Post jobs on your social media platforms in a few clicks.
- Get resumes by email or on your dedicated URL.
- AI-based search engine to find the desired candidate right to the exact job keywords.
- Add branding elements like logo and brand color for job postings, job acknowledgments, onboarding and more without the need to code.
- Track applicants by creating job statuses and get alerts for new resumes and hot profiles.
- View pending, overdue job postings and take quick action.
- Search jobs by standard and advanced filters like remote working, skill, package, location, and experience.
- Save your job search and get customized alerts directly on your mobile or email inbox.
- Login with social media and connect your profile with the job board to ease out the recruiter’s job to find more about your candidature.
- Re-engage with candidates using email marketing.
- Manage recruiters and track their performance.
- Stay ahead with a machine learning search that not only tells you overdue postings but also finds suitable candidates to interview and backfill.
- Manage your company’s branding.
- Manage all the clients and candidates from a CRM tool.
- Track analytics and present them to employers/companies who are your paid customers.
Let Knovator Technologies design your job board software features. Call us for a free 30-minute consultation.
2. Are you looking for an open-source job board platform or custom job board software?
Knowing the difference between the two will help you choose the job portal software.
Open source job board platform
You can create your job board through Wix or WordPress. We recommend WordPress because there are plugins available like the WP job board plugin that can help in setting up a job board in very less time. You can manage your job postings, automate your processes like displaying or hiding inactive jobs, set up alerts, and do much more.
You need to have a site and then you can try the free version of the WP job board that comes with many 3rd party add-ons like PayPal.
It is free and you can buy support or a pro version based on the requirement.
Challenges of open-source job board software
- Looks like every other WordPress job board
- If you want to personalize the experience with fresh design, you’ll need to hire an IT development agency or coders.
- You still need to hire a developer to customize it as per your requirements
- Keep a track of site maintenance, upgrades, and technology refinements.
Custom or white-label job board software
You can hire a white label job board software development company Knovator Technology and leave the creation and customization work to us. Our custom job board platform can be personalized as per your requirements. We also implement the latest job portal software trends like AI, ML, and predictive analysis for more efficient hiring. Here are the things you should know about job portal software.
You can pick a theme or hire our dedicated developers for publisher job board software. We manage purchase and maintenance for your site to ensure that it runs smoothly.
You must also include mobile applications and responsive design so that your job board platform is accessible on all devices.
3. Your short and long term goals and objectives
Before you begin hiring a job board software development company, have clarity on your business plan. This includes:
- Mission and vision statement
- List of short term goals and objectives tagged with ROI
- List of long term goals
- Budgeting and funding perspective
- Local business and recruitment rules where you are going to launch your portal
- Future trends (Chatbots, automation, innovation)
- Marketing and sales plan
- The budget allocated to each department and resource requirements
- Infrastructure requirements
- Legal and people policy
- Insurance scheme for your employees
- Your site and business cards
- Complete planning on the makeover of your present social media profiles
- Resources to manage reviews and provide quick responses to support
- Monetization plans (Subscription, ads, B2B marketing, senior resources hiring)
4. Your target audience and lead management plan
In your business plan, you must also consider the following points:
- Is your targeted audience local or international?
- What are the different age group segments in your targeted audience?
- How many kinds of personas can you develop? For example – a few users might have an interest in fast-paced jobs while others want stability.
- Your offline marketing research plan to collect information about your targeted audience and the literature referred to make decisions
- Where do your customers go online/offline to ask questions or gather information related to recruitment?
- Do they read blogs or press releases?
- Do they prefer ads?
- Division between press release/blogs/ads
Considering all the above points, you must pay a virtual visit to an experienced SAAS job board software development company like Knovator Technologies.
We’ll help you clear the above points before starting creating or buying a job board software. You will receive a free technical consultation to understand how much it will cost and how much time it will take to build your app. Knovator Technology also provides MVP consultations and minimum viable product development if a prototype is required to convince you and your stakeholders and investors.
We guide you on the project aftercare with attractive support and maintenance packages to ease the burden and ensure that you just have to do one thing – to grow your business through. We’ll manage your job board platform’s technology as your IT software development partner.
Also Read : Best Job Board Software Guide
Job board platform development does not have to be overwhelming when you hire Knovator Technologies as your tech partner.